About Claire House
Claire House Children’s Hospice helps seriously and terminally ill children live life to the full by creating wonderful experiences and bringing back a sense of normality to family life.
By providing specialist nursing care and emotional support we help families smile again when life couldn’t get any tougher.
Claire House has a team of trained professionals who are as passionate about what they do as they are talented at doing it. Our staff includes nurses, physiotherapists, play specialists, counsellors and we also have four dedicated doctors who visit the hospice.
Creating magical memories
But Claire House is about far more than just care. It is a place for children to relax and enjoy themselves, whatever their age. They can have fun in our multi-sensory room, art room, hydrotherapy pool and jacuzzi. There is a separate wing complete with bar, sound system and Xbox for teenagers and young adults.
Whilst their children are having fun, mums and dads get the chance to enjoy some much-needed time off together or the opportunity to spend time with their other children.
Care when and where you need it
Not all families want to come to the hospice, so our team goes out to visit them in their homes and we put on regular trips for brothers and sisters to ensure they don’t miss out on having fun.
Claire House is also there for parents during the toughest of times. Whether they are spent at home or in the hospice, we ensure a child’s final days are memorable and special. We don’t just help with the practical issues of registering a child’s death and arranging their funeral – we provide dedicated round-the-clock support and specialist counselling.
As one family put it: “The best thing about Claire House is knowing that they are always there. From the minute you meet them for as long as you need them.”
We would like to reach out to every child and family who needs us. We know from research, that for every child we reach in our catchment area there is one we do not.
When Claire House Children’s Hospice opened in December 1998 we were only looking after 10 families. Now we support over 400!
With your help we would like to develop our services to help many more.
Our Fundraising Promise
At Claire House Children’s Hospice we value the relationships we have with our supporters and strive for the best fundraising standards. To this end, we make these promises to our supporters:
- Focus – we are focused on why we are here: to raise money to support seriously and terminally ill children and their families in our community
- Passion – we are passionate about everything we do and totally committed to the cause
- Reliability – we make sure everything that is donated to us makes a difference
- Integrity – we fundraise honestly and transparently and inspire trust in our supporters
- Accountability – we will say thank you when we get it right and sorry when we get it wrong
- Excellence – we make sure supporters have an excellent experience so that the children can continue to have excellent care
- Respect – we will always take care of supporter data and will never share, swap or sell personal data with third parties for their benefit.
We stay up to date with developments in charity regulation, data protection and the new Fundraising Preference Service (FPS) to make sure we are legally compliant and adhering to all guidelines. In addition to this, we make sure all our fundraisers follow the Institute of Fundraising’s Code of Practice.
If you believe that Claire House is not sticking to these principles or are concerned about how your data is being used, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org