As a Volunteer Counsellor, you’ll be a vital part of our Family Support Team, working alongside other dedicated professionals to help make a real difference to children and families.
It’s an incredible opportunity if you would like to develop (or refresh!) your skills and enhance your counselling knowledge. Support may take place within Claire House or externally e.g. family home, school, online platform.
A hugely rewarding volunteer role, this is an excellent opportunity for those with a commitment to helping others and looking for professional development. You’ll receive full support from our Family Support Team – including line-management, invitations to team meetings, training and professional development opportunities.
We’re looking for a personable, enthusiastic and flexible team player, able to work independently and demonstrate resilience. Prospective volunteers should have a commitment to personal and professional development, an understanding of the impact of personal losses and bereavements and strong professional boundaries.
- Minimum L4 Diploma in Counselling/Psychotherapy (essential)
- Certification in online counselling (essential)
- Membership of BACP or equivalent (essential)
- Able to make a time commitment of one day a week (essential)
- UK driving licence (essential)
- Committed to attending line-management/team meetings, training and professional development sessions when necessary (essential)
- 100 client hours experience post-qualification (desirable)
- Experience working with children and young people (desirable)
Due to the needs of our children and families, we particularly welcome applications from male candidates.