Our volunteer counsellors are a vital part of our Family Support Team, helping to provide a support service to children, young people and families. Volunteers provide counselling support at both of our sites (Wirral & Liverpool), family homes, schools etc.
A hugely rewarding volunteer role, this is an excellent opportunity for those looking for professional development and to make a difference to others.
We’re looking for a personable, enthusiastic and flexible team player, able to work independently and demonstrate resilience. Prospective volunteers should have a commitment to personal and professional development, an understanding of the impact of personal losses and bereavements and strong professional boundaries. Experience working with children and young people would be hugely beneficial to the role.
- Minimum L4 Diploma in Counselling/Psychotherapy
- Membership of BACP (or equivalent)
- Flexibility – able to provide support at various locations (ideally including home visits)
- Experience (and appropriate qualification) working with children and young people (desirable)
- Able to make a time commitment of one day a week, with a client load of 1 to 2 clients
- UK driving licence
- Committed to attending line-management/team meetings, training and professional development sessions when necessary