Are you a real people-person? Enjoy meeting new people and having a good chat? Want to use your time to make a big difference? Then become a Volunteer Speaker!
We’re looking for friendly volunteers to join our fundraising team and help to spread the word about Claire House in your local community. As a Speaker, you’ll visit community groups and schools to tell them about our charity or simply thank them for the money they have raised for the hospice.
We know public speaking can sometimes sound scary, but we promise that our talks are different! It’s all about sitting down and sharing wonderful stories with supporters (and potential supporters) about the amazing things that happen at the Hospice, the support we offer to families and how their contributions make a difference.
We have a team that’ll be with you every step of the way, so you’ll be fully supported and we’ll provide you with all the training and information you need. There are lots of different types of talks – so you can get involved in as little or as many as you like too!
It’s great way to meet new people, build up confidence and try something different! So, if it sounds like something you may be interested in, please get in touch or fill in our online application form below.
Things to consider:
- We’re looking for volunteers in the Liverpool area (or willing to travel to it)
- We’ll provide travel expenses
- Due to the location/times of some talks, you will need to be able to drive and have access to your own vehicle
- You don’t have to have experience in public speaking, just a love for meeting new people and socialising!
- Talks usually take place on weekdays and evenings – so you’ll need to have some availability during these times (but you can choose which talks you’d like to sign up to)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0151 343 0883 for more information.