IMPORTANT: VOLUNTEER RECRUITMENT UPDATE
Claire House would like to take this opportunity to thank all our existing volunteers who have supported the organisation during the COVID-19 pandemic. Each and every one of our volunteers play such a vital role in the day to day running of Claire House and we are so proud and grateful for your support during these difficult times.
Claire House is responding to the Government guidelines on a daily basis. Please find the latest information regarding volunteer recruitment below:
- HOSPICE/CARE ROLES – CLOSED (excluding Volunteer Counsellor role which will require online counselling certification)
- FUNDRAISING ROLES – CLOSED
- RETAIL ROLES – LIMITED We are opening our shops as quickly as we can as part of a phased plan, but only when we know it is safe for volunteers, staff and customers. We will be following the latest government advice to ensure safety is our number one priority when you come to visit us, such as limiting numbers to allow for social distancing. The availability of volunteer roles will vary depending on each individual shop and its capacity. We will post any available roles below in our ‘Current Opportunities’ section, detailing the location, time and task requirements. Please note that we are only able to recruit for these select opportunities.
- REMOTE ROLES – OPEN We are offering some volunteering roles that can be done safely either remotely or in the community – including Volunteer Befrienders and Volunteer Photographers. These roles are open for recruitment.
- Please note that, due to the current circumstances, we are unable to offer work experience/placements.
Thank you for your continued help and support at this time. We are really looking forward to a time when we are able to reopen volunteer recruitment safely in all areas.
If you are currently an active volunteer and would like to speak to a member of the Claire House volunteer team, please call 0151 343 0883.