At Claire House we want to offer the best possible support to the children and families who need us therefore we focus not just on what we do but why we do it. We are continually striving to improve, reach out to more children, young people and their families and encourage our staff to work to the principles below.
Serious about development
At Claire House we want to employ engaged, talented, high performing people who love coming into work and making a difference to the lives of the children, young adults and families visiting the Hospice.
We take the development of our people very seriously. We want good people to stay with us and know they will have the opportunity to develop their skills and further their career.
Tips for interviews
If we like your application we’ll invite you to an interview. Here’s some information on how to prepare and what to expect.
The purpose of the interview process – which, depending on the role, can be anything from one to three stages – is to find out more about you and assess your suitability for the role and the Claire House culture and just as importantly, for you to find out if Claire House is the type of place that will bring out the best in you.
- Prepare – Ensure that you are familiar with the role profile. Recruiting managers will want to ask you questions about how far you meet the skills required. Thinking about your key achievements, skills, knowledge and expertise that you can offer will be helpful
- Think about what the recruiting manager might want to ask you, in relation to the skills and experience that are needed for the post and how you might demonstrate these
- Arrive for the interview on time
- Dress smartly but comfortably
- Be friendly, try to be positive and show confidence
- If you are not sure you understand a question, ask the interviewer to repeat or rephrase it
- Try to answer the questions to the best of your ability
- Provide examples to support your answers where appropriate
- It’s a two-way process – what questions have you got for us?
- Research the organisation – people who are passionate about our work and understand our business stand out more.
Jobs at Claire House are within five different teams:
- The Care team – that includes nurses, care assistants and physios
- Corporate services – including roles in HR, volunteering, communications, finance, ICT, information management
- Fundraising – including roles within our community, corporate, major gifts teams
- Facilities & Estates – including roles within the maintenance and housekeeping teams
- Retail – including district managers and shop managers
To read more about some of the people who work at Claire House click here.