Want to make a difference? Looking for a flexible way to give something back? Enjoy cooking up a storm in the kitchen?
Become a Catering Support Volunteer and help us to provide children and families with a warm and welcoming dining experience. Don’t worry, you don’t need to be Jamie Oliver! Just someone who enjoys being in a kitchen and has a passion for making a difference.
This is a really flexible way to do something great for others! You’ll be at the heart of the Hospice, part of a friendly team and will have lots of fun meeting new people. You can choose to volunteer regularly or we can offer flexibility.
Tasks may include:
- Assist with preparing comforting food for children, families and staff (e.g. sandwiches and jacket potatoes)
- Laying the dinner table
- Preparing jugs of juice and glasses
- Putting out a basket of crisps
- Putting out a fruit basket
- Keeping surfaces clean in the main kitchen
- Cleaning the dinner tables and stacking the dishwasher
- Checking the contents of the fridge and rotating stock/disposing of an out of date food
- Generally tidying the kitchen area and re-stocking refreshment points (e.g. with tea, coffee, sugar)
We’re looking for friendly team players who are happy to get stuck in and offer a helping hand when needed. You should be able to use your own initiative and have good communication and time management skills.
Time: 10am-2pm or 3-6pm Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays (flexibility can be offered)
Location: Claire House Children’s Hospice, Clatterbridge Road, Bebington, Wirral, CH63 4JD