Want to make a HUGE difference? Looking for a flexible way to give something back? Enjoy cooking up a storm in the kitchen?
Become a Catering Support Volunteer and help us to provide children and families with a warm and welcoming dining experience. Don’t worry, you don’t need to be Jamie Oliver! Just someone who enjoys being in a kitchen and has a passion for making a difference.
This is a really flexible way to do something amazing! You’ll be at the heart of the Hospice, part of a friendly team and will have lots of fun meeting new people. You can choose to volunteer regularly or simply be on call to provide emergency cover. We’re especially looking for an extra pair of hands on the below shifts:
- Saturdays 10.30am-1pm
- Sundays 10.30am-1pm
- Fridays 4.30-6pm
- Sundays 4.30-6pm
Tasks may include:
- Assist with preparing comforting food for children, families and staff (simple sandwiches and jacket potatoes)
- Heating pre-prepared children’s pureed diet to the required temperature
- Laying the dinner table
- Preparing jugs of juice and glasses
- Putting out a basket of crisps
- Putting out a fruit basket
- Keeping surfaces clean in the main kitchen
- Cleaning the dinner tables and stacking the dishwasher
- Checking the contents of the fridge and rotating stock/disposing of an out of date food
- Generally tidying the kitchen area and re-stocking refreshment points (e.g. with tea, coffee, sugar)
We’re looking for friendly team players who are happy to get stuck in and offer a helping hand when needed. You should be able to use your own initiative and have good communication and time management skills.
Based at Claire House Children’s Hospice, Clatterbridge Road, Bebington, Wirral, CH63 4JD. This is a short-term role available until the end of 2021.
Please note you will be provided with training prior to starting the role and will be asked to follow all safety measures, including those pertaining to COVID.