Are you a friendly people-person who can put others at ease? Do you enjoy driving? We’re looking for volunteer drivers to transport families to and from Claire House Liverpool (West Derby) for complementary therapy sessions.
Some families aren’t able to attend appointments due to travel issues. So, you’ll be making a HUGE difference in this role! Thanks to you, parents will be able to access vital care and support when they need it most.
This is the perfect role if you have a couple of hours to spare during the week and are comfortable driving.
Tasks will include:
- Driving families to CHL
- Welcoming families to the site, signing them in and offering refreshments (if appropriate)
- Driving families safely home
Time: Shifts will be available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Drives will likely take 2-3 hours (including a 1 hour wait at CHL during appointments). It’s flexible and you’ll only sign up to the drives you’d like to do!
You’ll need to:
- Have a valid and current UK driving licence (maximum of 6 points)
- Own and be willing to use your own vehicle (with a valid MOT and insurance)
- Be aged between 21-70 years old (due to insurance restrictions)
- Be physically fit and health (due to the nature of the role)
- Be a flexible and friendly team player
We’ll provide out of pocket expenses (including mileage, cleaning of vehicles and extending insurance to cover volunteering purposes if needed). A driving assessment, ongoing support and training will also be offered free of charge.
Please note this is a pilot project and will be subject to review after 6 months.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0151 343 0883 for more information.